Saturday 2 May 2015

What happens when you binge watch

Binge watching is not a habit of mine. I lack the patience for it. Of course I also lack the patience for watching a new episode, but I get more instant gratification. However, when there's a series that's really, really good I'm unable to control myself. Two series have done that to me recently

Penny Dreadful



I don't know if you've seen Penny Dreadful but let me warn you, it is NOT a show you should binge watch, I don't think I'm the same after having watched it. I watched almost all in one go because I promised a friend I would try and help him understand it. We are still both slightly confused.

I really like the inclusion of Grande Guignol though. Over the top and bloody is just my style.

Verdict: Penny Dreadful is a very good show. It's got this wonderful taste for really gory horror, while acknowledging the worst monsters are those inside people. Also my love Billie Piper is there <3 <3

Orphan Black



Orphan Black is AH-MAH-ZING! There I said it. I tried watching it a couple months ago but I never finished the first episode. Last week I decided to try and finish it. I think it took me like three days, I am in love. It has all my favourite things: attempting to accurately portray relevant scientific concepts, amazing women and high levels of wit and snark.

Verdict: Sosososososo great. My fave clones are currently Helena and Cosima, my precious murder and science babies. Also Felix needs to get a brother of the year award. The characterisations is great the story is great and I'm so excited for season 3!

I saw the first two episodes of the new Orphan Black season and I am in love. My poor baby Helena, so far from her family. It'll be interesting to see the Castor clones, another group of self aware clones but raised for a different purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment