Friday 17 June 2016

The Shepherd's Crown




I can't believe I forgot to write about this earlier but I finally read the last book of my favourite series. I put off reading Wikipedia articles and ran from all spoilers. Finally, I got a chance to read it. Coming home I had to buy some stuff for my mom and decided to get reading material for the plane at the same time. I had to restrain myself to stop myself from reading it between leaving college and the airport.

Reading The Shepherd's Crown was an emotional experience. Even though I still have several Discworld novels I haven't read, The Shepherd's Crown is the last that will be written. Years ago, because I was obsessed with Christmas, I picked Hogfather off the shelves. Anyone whose read it knows it is not the conventional Christmas story. Terry Pratchett was the first writer that really taught me that you don't have to follow any of the conventional rules of writing.

I won't include any spoilers for the book. The Shepherd's Crown is not the best Discworld book, but it's a fitting way to end the series, especially since one of the first Discworld books I read was a Tiffany Aching novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment