Monday 25 July 2016

Binge Watching II

So if you follow me on Twitter you may or may not know that I am slightly obsessed with the Property Brothers*. I have reached that stage in where whenever I walk around my house or any house really, I mentally look around and decided what to change to add value or what has been to improve the space. I’ve seen their Youtube videos and their Vines. I’ve watch random interview videos because I was bored.

The Property Brothers show is one of those that is easy to binge watch for two reasons. One the hosts are likeable and fun to watch, plus their easy on the eyes.
[meat in property brothers sandwich gif]



Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDRnuCNkvQo

Two (for me especially) there are no real stakes. The show’s formulaic: They buy a house to renovate, some drama comes up, the house is perfect. You know how it’s going to end and you’re just in it to look at pretty pictures of houses. I didn’t get a job till about halfway through the summer which meant I spent my time home either  Helping around the house or Watching Property Brothers**. Since we don’t have USA network anymore I think Property Brothers are on more than Law and Order: SVU. Plus I don’t understand how they film so much, Brother vs. Brother just ended and now a new season of Property Brothers: Buying and Selling is coming out

Watching so much Property Brothers has given me some good career insight:
  1. Good Branding is crucial. Make sure what you do and who you are is recognisable
  2. Audience engagement brings whatever it is you’re doing to life
  3. Flannel=win

*Jonathan’s my favourite
**Writing nearly made the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment