Thursday 31 July 2014

An Evening with Malala



I just got back from an event that the University of Trinidad and Tobago was hosting for their 10th anniversary and it was amazing. The University has, for the past few days, been hosting Malala Yousafzai and tonight's event was called an Evening with Malala. Firstly, the job the university did was amazing, everyone even got a free book!
Image result for I am Malala
(You can guess what's next on my to read list)
The event was well hosted and featured many aspects of Trinidadian culture, including song and dance. My favourite part was Krisson Joseph's rendition of "Education" by the Mighty Sparrow


But of course, the best part of the evening was hearing Malala speak. She praised Trinidad and Tobago's education for all policy  and spoke of other countries where she'd been where people didn't have access to opportunities like we did.  I also liked that, though she was very well spoken, she spoke like a 17 year old. She is young and brilliant and I'm proud of her, in a maternally 18 year old way. That girl does something to me, she touches my heart. All I can say to end this blog is I hope she has a good life, and I hope she takes care of herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment